Change diagnostic and strategy brings clarity and certainty to Salesforce implementation
The Australian subsidiary of a global services provider is on a journey of transformation that includes revitalising the Australian leadership team, organisation restructures and a very large program to modernise the IT platforms and tools essential to day-to-day business. Salesforce is being introduced as part of the IT transformation program.
In early 2015, Blue Seed was engaged to develop the approach for implementing a customised version of Salesforce across the Australian business. The gathering of information for development and delivery of high level change, training and communications approaches was a significant part of this Evaluation phase.
Developing the best training approach was important due to 800+ internal and external users targeted for training across Australia and by international and local training facilitators.
An early diagnostic and engagement approach led to the development of an Evaluation Phase Change Approach which incorporated the high level change, training and communications approaches. This included:
- Global CRM implementation best practice particularly relevant to the Australian business situation
- Key insights and recommendations in change and training management gathered from recent Salesforce implementations in other Asia-Pacific offices of the business
- Change, communications and training management lessons learned in the Australian business during recent IT implementations
- Heat mapping of the consolidated impacts of key IT projects and strategic BAU initiatives across the business to enable the business and project to be better informed
- Identification of potential risks
- Tailored and carefully selected recommended approaches to change, training and communications based on all of the above.
- A consolidated, early phase Change Approach with the essentials of engagement, communication, training and measurement approaches – endorsed and delivered ready for the next stage of the project
- Additionally, Blue Seed developed a new Change Heat Mapping mechanism for use across the portfolio of initiatives to assist ongoing with project and business management planning.