Learning and capability framework delivered for State Government Department
“Blue Seed has been able to pull together an outstanding framework with a small number of inputs. Your consultant has engaged with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels to develop the foundations needed to build learning/support materials and up skill our impacted audiences (more than 35,000 people) internally and externally. We are confident moving forward with the framework and we now understand more fully the breadth and depth of change needed to fully transform our casework practices.”Project Manager – State Government department
The State Government department has been actively designing and building a technology platform to support the delivery of child protection services and enhance practices. The solution will impact a range of internal stakeholders employed in a range of roles (e.g. casework, screening, placement, safety and risk assessments) and external audiences (police, health, other community support services and non-government agencies). The solution is being staged and is forecasted to be made available to internal employees later this year and external audiences in early 2018 (about 40,000 people in total). The Capability Framework details the components needed to build skills in the use of the system, enhance practices through real-time information and access to digital mobile plug-ins that will enable collaboration between professionals and improve information quality.
Blue Seed Consulting was engaged to develop the Learning and Capability Framework using information that is available and accurate at the time of the engagement. The inputs to the process included:
- Review of a range of technical documents and casework practices
- Review of business flows and end to end critical practice scenarios
- One to one interviews with specialist staff and program consultants
- Delivery of a series of workshops to define learning structure, content, and coverage
- Engagement with the Organisational Development team to define rules of engagement, content management rules, online blended learning specifications, maintenance and handover of packages
- Regular engagement and updates to project managers on progress
- Development of a learning deployment timeline depicting the lead-up, cutover and post implementation periods (not in scope but delivered as a value add).
The following deliverables were presented to the client on time and to brief:
- Learning Curriculum ‘The ChildStory Experience’
- Validated impacted employee roles
- Module Outlines structure and samples
- Facilitator Guide structure and samples
- Learning Scenarios to be used in materials build
- Role and Profile Summary for non-department audiences
- Final status report.